- laser welding system
which is mainly used for the
- repair of raw castings and
- the correction of machining defects.
The procedure offers clear advantages compared with the conventional welding processes:
- low and exact heat input into the component so that the risk of a distortion of the component is reduced significantly;
- reduced need of rework thanks to a minimum material coating;
- no undercuts and coarse grain areas at the intersections and consequently a reduced risk of cracks;
- minimum influence on the surrounding surface coating;
- can be used also for areas which are difficult to access.
The point to be reworked of the workpiece as well as the welding wire to be fed in manually are heated to approx. 1,500 degrees and molten with the material. Due to the low material supply (the welding wire has a diameter of 0.2 to 0.8 mm), fine welding beads are generated which reduce the need of rework. The procedure is appropriate for all components manufactured with
- sand casting,
- chill casting,
- die casting or
- precision casting.
Here, all materials as
- stainless steel
- nickel as well as
- copper-tin (bronze) and
- copper-tin (brass)
can be processed. The same applies for components which are
- milled from solid material or
- forged from solid material.
Besides the use of the laser welding process for components we manufacture, we are able to offer this technology to you also as
- service provider for your parts.
As this system is mobile, it is also possible to
- weld your components on site.
Technical data of the system:
|Functions / features||OR-Laser|
|Name||HTS Mobile 300 W|
|Movable / flexible||yes|
|Laser power||300 W|
|Pulse peak power||13 KW|
|Laser source||YAG lamp laser|
|Cooling||water + air|
|Welding under shielding gas||yes|
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Metallgießerei Wilhelm Funke GmbH & Co. KG
Mr. Martin Kannemann
Hannoversche Straße 32
D-31061 Alfeld (Leine)
Phone: +49 (0) 51 81 · 84 59 - 36
Repair of a casting
Laser welding system HTS Mobile 300W
Operating principle of a welding process with a laser